Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday Afternoon, December 14, 2007 (later)

We spoke to the doctor's and asked what's next? When the radiation treatment is complete and now that he's been on Tarsiva for a couple of weeks, when will we know the prognosis of his condition?

It's now a wait-and-see situation. Of course we were hoping that we'd know if remission was around the corner but, from what I understand, it's now time to let the treatment take its course. In 4 to 8 weeks, they will perform more CT scans (I guess you don't want them if you don't need them due to the radiation involved) to check the progress of the cancer.

I liken it to putting a cake in the oven -- if you open the door evey minute, nothings gonna change. Just wait the 50 minutes and then stick a toothpick in it to see if its done. I hope this analogy isn't disrespectful.

In the meantime, Dave will be starting his Physical Therapy everyday at 730 am. Then for about 5 to 6 hours they will be working to bring him back to full mobility. I don't envy him -- but the hospital and his family are there to support him.

Again, thanks to everyone who has left a message for Dave. And if you can't figure out how to do it, you're not alone. Just send an email to me at JoeAltman@Altmans.com and I will print it out and make sure he gets it.

Have a great weekend.

Oh yeah, if something big develops, I'll let you know. And silence on my part is an indication of lack of time and possible laziness, not bad news about Dave. Any big news will be updated immediatly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe-
Let's face it, you are a wonderful brother. Sure we have taken our shots at you, taking your shots at Dave however, you are the best.
Hugs and love to you too!
Dave- it is on you buddy-
Up and at 'em!!!! Gather your strength so they can stick a toothpick in you in 6 weeks and find you done.
Hugs and love to Marla and both of you-
Christine

ghiner said...

The old man said "What ever happened to our sexual relations"?
The old woman said " I don't know. I don't think we even got a Christmas card from them this year!"
Hiner

Anonymous said...

Debbie & I are so glad to hear that you are doing much better..you gave us a scare !!!
Take care
You and the whole shabang family are in our thoughts
Dan & Debbie Rudd

Jen said...

This is Beth's sister in law, Jen, and her brother, Jonathan,in Maryland. Thanks so much for putting up this blog. We've been praying for Dave and will continue to do so. We'll be checking this blog daily to see how he's doing. :-)

Anonymous said...

Dave,
Recently when I was on the way to Verona,NY. for our last Product Training event (2008MY) for Winnebago Ind. I took the opportunity to stop by the RV/MH Hall of Fame in Elkhart IN. I no more than walked in the door, and whose name do I see on the wall,but "Dave Altman" I thought to my self WOW! Thats fantastic.This was the first time I had ever visited the new location. What a great place,its breath taking.I am sure you are very proud of that accomplishment and even more they are all ready adding on to make it bigger. What a great "show place" or "travel destination" for a RVr to visit.I took allot of pictures while I was there and when I got back to Forest City, I put them on our internal intranet for everyone at Winnebago to see.I am really lucky with the type of job that I have, that I get to go all most anywhere. I try my best on almost every trip to leave a little early and allow some extra time to sightsee and see what the USA has to offer. I must say however, that the RV/MH Hall of Fame and Muesem would probably not be there without your foresight and guidance
I am going to send you a couple of pictures that I took while there. I will send them to Joes e-mail address and he can forward them on to you.
I wish you well, and I want you to know that all of us here at Winnebago are thinking of you and you are certainly in our prayers and thoughts.
Steve Brackey
Winnebago Ind.